Friday, December 6, 2013

Protein Packed Bean Salad


I have been obsessed with this recipe lately and always have a batch of it in my fridge! I found something similar at a specialty grocery store in my area and decided I could make it from home to save some $. I love using this as a side dish to any meat and I have also been eating it over lettuce with some vinegar and grilled chicken mmmmmm! All of the ingredients are super simple and basic and the blend packs a powerful punch of protein, nutrients, and fiber.  Even a small portion will leave you feeling full and satisfied without a dramatic impact on your calorie count!

Protein Packed Bean Salad


Ingredients:
-1/2 cup cooked quinoa
-1 can red kidney beans
-1 can white kidney beans
-1 can chickpeas
-3 stalks of kale
-1 small cucumber
-2 carrots (or 8 baby carrots)
-1 colored bell pepper of choice
-2 tbsp lemon juice
-2 tbsp red wine vinegar
-1 tbsp olive oil
-1 tbsp Mrs. Dash of choice
-S&P

Directions:
1) Drain and rinse all beans in strainer
2) Chop kale, carrots, cucumber, and colored pepper
3) Mix together lemon juice, vinegar, oil, and seasoning
4) Mix all ingredients together in large bowl
6) Enjoy!

Extras
-Store any leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container
-You can add whatever other veggies sound good to you
-You can also mess around with the seasoning and different vinegars

No comments:

Post a Comment