Monday, November 19, 2012

Creamy Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes

After a long day BF and I decided to make a crock pot pork loin and I wanted a quick side to go with it.  I picked up the red potatoes because I knew they wouldn't require peeling but wanted a new recipe for making them into a mash.  I usually try to make my dinners on the more healthy side but tonight since we were eating a low calorie protein and just some steamed veggies on the side I decided to splurge just a little.

The heavy cream, butter, and seasonings make this taste like something special.  The sugar in the ingredients threw me off for a second but it really does add something different.  This is my new go to for mashed potatoes and hopefully it will be yours too!

Creamy Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes

Adapted from AllRecipes

Ingredients
8-10 medium red potatoes
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon Lawry's
Salt and Pepper

Directions
1) Cut potatoes into quarters, place in large pot with water and boil 10-15 minutes until easily pierced with knife
2) Drain, then place in large bowl
3) Add in all other ingredients and mash with fork or potato masher until desired consistency.  Salt and pepper to taste
4) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment