Thursday, January 3, 2013

All Can Chicken Tortilla Soup

I am a sucker for easy and healthy meals and this is one of my favorites.  My Dad used to make this soup all of the time when he was on WW and I even loved it as a kid.  The recipe is packed with protein and fiber and is very very low in fat.  I make this is a big tupperware bowl and just heat in individual servings but you could also make it in a large saucepan and serve the entire thing. 

All Can Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients
-1 can black beans drained and rinsed
-1 can corn drained
-4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 can refried beans
- 1 large can chicken breast
- 1/2 jar favorite salsa

Directions
1) Whisk together chicken broth and refried beans until fully incorporated
2) Mix in remaining ingredients
3) Cook until heated through either in sauce pan or in individual bowls in the microwave
4) Enjoy!

Extras
-Adding the whole can of refried beans will give you a thicker soup and removing them entirely will provide a thinner soup
-I usually top mine with a dollop of plain greek yogurt to kick up the protein and the creaminess

No comments:

Post a Comment