Thursday, September 20, 2012

Adventures of a newbie runner

First thing you should know:  I would never ever consider myself a runner or someone that enjoys running.
Second thing:  I somehow ended up making friends with and dating runners!

So after running my first 5K in December 2011 (and by running I mean running for 1.5 miles, wanting to die, then run/walking the rest) I somehow was convinced that I should sign up for the Detroit Free Press half-marathon 2012
First 5K with my BF

I have learned a few things while training for the half marathon (which is now 30 days away).  One, is that just as I have always know I really dislike running.  Two, is that my dedication to a training marathon is pathetic. And three, that thanks to a lifetime of dance my hips and knees are f'd.  But through all of that I have been running.  Not as much as I should but I have done it.  Last night was my longest run yet at 5 miles


I know I still have a long way to go but it was nice to do something that I have never done before.  13.1 will be ridiculous but I know that crossing that finish line and sticking that stupid sticker on the back of my car will be a big moment!!  And then after that I can go back to my yoga, zumba, kickboxing, and LIGHT running workout routines that I have loved for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment