Thursday, February 14, 2013

Yogurt Cupcakes with Cool Whip Frosting

Who doesn't love a tasty cupcake?!? If I am going to bake and eat something then I want it to taste like it should be bad for me.  Pinterest has been flooded with tons of recipes that just mix something like cake mix with diet pop which to me doesn’t really taste like a real cake at all!  My friend Kelli made me these cupcakes a few years ago for my birthday and they are the best low-guilt cupcake's I have found yet.  The other best part is that you can make these any flavor you would like.  I have always made them with some type of berry yogurt but you can experiment with your favorite flavors to mix it up.

The only big note about these is that the "frosting" contains yogurt so they need to be kept in a cool area until they are served so that the yogurt doesn't spoil.  For picnics or outdoor events I always just put my cupcake carrier in a cooler, but in the office I can usually just put them in a cool room and they are fine. 

Yogurt Cupcakes with Cool Whip Frosting


Ingredients
1 pkg. white cake mix (I use betty crocker super moist)
3/4 C water
1/3 C vegetable oil
3 egg whites
2 6oz containers of flavored yogurt (I use the Yoplait Light)
1/2 container Cool Whip thawed

Directions
1) Mix together cake mix, water, oil, egg whites, and 1 container yogurt until completely mixed
2) Pour into 24 lined cupcake tins and bake as directed on the cake mix box
3) To make frosting: Mix together remaining container of yogurt and Cool Whip
4) Once cupcakes are completely cooled frost with the Cool Whip mixture
5) Keep in cool place until ready to serve
6) Enjoy!

*These were made with strawberry yogurt which is my personal favorite but feel free to mix it up*

No comments:

Post a Comment