Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Corktown 5K

So somehow I got talked into running 2 5Ks this St. Patricks Day season and the first one was this past sunday.  The Corktown 5K is just a loop through the Corktown area of Downtown Detroit and then is followed up by a parade and basically a huge outdoor party.  A big group of us went down for the race last year and decided that this time we would think ahead and tailgate instead of having to deal with the chaotic bar scene.  I was happy to be running with a big group of friends again and the day ended up being perfect.  The weather was in the mid 50s and the sun was out for most of the day which was awesome.  I feel like spring is finally here!

I haven't done just a 5K since last August so I was actually excited to see the time I could pull off since I wasn't going for distance.  I usually try to train at an 11 minute mile and in my distance runs usually average an 11:30 pace.  I was shocked that I was actualy able to keep the whole race under 10:30 pace.  The official times are not yet posted but I am guessing that I was just above 30 minutes. We are running another one this weekend so I am going to try to beat myself and try to get under 30 minutes for the first time!




No comments:

Post a Comment