Thursday, May 2, 2013

Birthday and a Runch

First of all I need to mention that today is my amazing baby sisters birthday!!  So crazy that she is 23 years old today.  We weren't always super close but now she has truly become my best friend and the person in this world that I could never survive without!   I am so proud of who she has become, she will be starting her big girl job in just over a month and having so many new and crazy adventures in Nashville!  It will be crazy once we both move since we will go from 2 hours apart to a 2 hour plane ride but I know we will be able to stay just as close!



Yesterday my whole body was super sore from my full body TIU workout but I knew that I needed to get a run!  Thankfully it was a perfect day and I couldn't wait to get out on my lunch our for a "runch". I work on a very large complex so I was able to change at my desk and get in about 3.5 miles total.  I only ran 2.5 and then did a 1 mile cool down a) because I was super sweaty and didn't want to be totally gross when I went back to work and b) because I didn't want to go back to work yet lol!  It was crazy because I remembered fully why I actually started to like running in the first place.  Last summer I started training for my first half marathon and as much as it sucked I really did love getting out and enjoying the beautiful (and not so beautiful) summer days.

 
 
After that my body and especially my legs were done!  As soon as I got home I threw on my new compression socks, which I'm not really sure about but figured it couldn't hurt and cleaned.  The BF went to a tigers game but as soon as he got home I made him take a long walk with me so that I could try to stretch out a little more.  Tonight I am hoping to get in some time with the foam roller and do some upper body work since that is the only part of me that isn't super sore today HA!
 



 I look like a hot mess and he looks like a goon ^ ... yup basically this is everyday lol

No comments:

Post a Comment