Friday, May 31, 2013

Grand Rapids Riverbank Run 10K 2013

Whew it has been awhile!  Let's play catch up!

A few weeks ago I completed my first big race since my half the Grand Rapids Riverbank Run 10K.  I was super nervous for this race because I didn't really train but since I was running it with girlfriends I knew it would at least be a good time.  All of the girls I ran with I have been friends with since high school and it was crazy to see us all together again doing something that we never thought we would.   It was the first 10K for all of the girls and it was great to get pumped up with them before the race. There is nothing like running your first race and it was great to feel that energy from them!


 
 
I had run the full 6.2 the week prior in 1:12 so my goal was to hit the 1:10 mark. I was shocked when I crossed and realized that I had done it in under 1:05. My official time was 1:03 and I couldn't have been happier. This is the first race that I really felt that I blew out of the water and it was great to finally feel really good about what I had done!
 
 


After the race started the obvious after partying which included a few too many glasses of boxed wine and too many rounds of black Betty and Roxanne. It was an amazing weekend and I remembered why these girls are so close to my heart even though we live so far away.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment