Wednesday, May 8, 2013

There goes my calorie count!

I have been really really good about my calorie counter the last week! The only day I didn't use it was Saturday because to try to count every chip, queso, and taco trip would have drove me nuts. And most days I can stick between 1250-1350 calories depending on how hard I worked out and whether or not I went out to lunch or dinner, and I can for sure see my body changing. Somehow I have found newfound dedication in the last few weeks and I am really happy with the results. However, working that hard means that every once in a while I deserve a treat!

Last night I had an exam in my master’s class and my teacher was nice enough to let us skip the lecture so we could enjoy the amazing weather. The bf and I decided that there was no better way than to head to one of the best ice cream places in the area Ray's. Now I usually try to stick to FroYo or a fruit Popsicle but sometimes there is no replacement for homemade ice cream. I asked for the "smallest size possible" and I still wound up with a huge cup. Thankfully the BF was kind enough to eat half of it for me and it was worth every calorie!!!


Working out this hard and watching what I eat isn't worth not being able to splurge on a treat every once in a while. For my workout I did a 2 mile run and a 1 mile walk with a friend at lunch and then TIU abs routine.


The 10K race is only 3 days away so tonight I hope to get in 2-3 miles and then a toning session. Tomorrow I will do the same and then Friday just rest and hopefully take a long walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment