Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Crustless Mini Quiche

While on vaca I wanted to make a breakfast that each person could eat when they decided to roll out of bed on their own time.  I make these at home all the time and decided they were the perfect make ahead/ make a bunch/ crowd pleasing breakfast for the vacation.  Also I had an amazing view from the kitchen island so I was totally in the cooking mood!



These treats could go by a bunch of names, I have seen them online as breakfast muffins, cupcake omelets, mini quiches, etc.  I have always just called them mini quiches so that is what they will be here! 

My favorite part about these is that I usually just add in whatever veggies we have leftover from the week and are about to go bad.  Also on week where we don't have sausage and I don't feel like grocery shopping I just use real bacon bits instead.  Feel free to load these up with whatever things you love and have in your fridge.  The recipe I have listed below clocks in at about 75 calories a piece with 6.5 grams of protein!

Crustless Mini Quiche
 
 
Ingredients (For 12)
10 whole eggs
1 colored bell pepper chopped
1/2 yellow onion chopped
2 cups fresh spinach chopped
1 link Jenny-O Spicy Italian Turkey Sausage
 
Directions
1) Remove casing from sausage in cook in saute pan making sure to crumble the meat
2) Spray muffin tin with cooking spray and evenly divide veggies and meat between the cups
3) In large bowl whisk all eggs and 1/8 cup of water, pour evenly into cups
4) Stir the cups with a knife and place into a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes
5) Enjoy
 
I usually package these up 2 per plastic baggie and keep them in the fridge for the week ahead!  Just heat them up in the microwave for about 30 seconds and you have a perfect warm breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment