For the last month the BF and I have been doing Crossfit from 5:30-6:30 so dinner has been a lot of crockpot meals and things that I can prep in advance. Last night we decided to make some crockpot pulled pork but I wanted something different for a side. I bought a ton on mini red potatoes last week so I could make a potato salad and had plenty left over. I decided to cook the potatoes, coat in seasoning, crush, then bake until a little crispy. They turned out amazing and they went perfectly with the pork! You can adjust the seasoning to your taste I just threw together the things we had in the pantry.
Also if you have the time the potatoes can be boiled until they are soft but since we were under a time constraint (AKA grumpy hungry bf) so I microwaved them until soft.
Crushed Red Potatoes
15-20 mini red potatoes rinsed
1 TBS oil of choice (I used coconut)
1/2 TBS chopped garlic
1 TBS Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb
S & P to taste
1) Cook potatoes until soft... since I was in a time crunch I wrapped groups of about 5 potatoes in paper towel and microwaved 6 minutes. Time will vary based on size of potatoes.
2) In large bowl combine oil, garlic, seasoning, and S & P
3) Toss cooked potatoes in oil mixture until fully coated
4) Place on cookie sheet and crush with bottom of sturdy drinking glass
5) Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until slightly brown on the outside