Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Kicking my a**

Pretty sure there is no other way to describe what I did to myself last week!

A few months ago I purchased a groupon for an all women's boot camp and another for unlimited crossfit. I knew I wanted to use them both right before summer but knew I wouldn't be crazy enough to overlap them, well due to some scheduling conflicts I ended up doing 2 a days for 3 days straight! I would wake up and go to boot camp from 5:30-6:30 AM, work, then do crossfit from 5:30-6:30 PM.

As you can see from the pics below I was burning well over 1000 calories a day and doing almost a full body workout as well. I know this isn't necessarily the best for your body, and boy was I sore, but it did feel good on Friday night to realize that I had actually completed all 3 days and survived happily. The biggest problem I had was actually trying to fuel enough to keep me going, each day I would track my calories and trying to take in enough clean foods to keep me fueled was actually a struggle.



Now the crossfit has been going to about 3 weeks and oh my I love it!!! Seriously one of the best workouts I have ever done and I love the energy of the people, music, and environment. My month is almost up but I fully plan on committing to a membership once the summer is over and I have more time to give. The boot camp is much less intense but still has a big calorie burn and is a great overall workout each morning. This week I am doing crossfit Monday and Wednesday and the boot camp Tuesday-Thursday which means only Wednesday will be a crazy two a day again. It is awesome to already see what a difference mixing up my routine is doing for my body and I can't wait to be fully bikini ready in just another 3 weeks for our 4th of July trip!!

Oh and running, well I have actually been running well over a mile each day between the two workouts, but other than that it is a big ol' 0.  I guess I need to sign up for some races to keep me going because right now the only one I have in the near future is  5K during my 4th of July trip that will be ran drunk on twisted teas (yes this is a tradition) with a bunch of friends lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment