Chicken is my go to protein but it can get old really fast! I have tried to make baked chicken fingers a few times but adding the coconut set this recipe over the top. These are also really good for packing in lunches through the week and a new staple in my kitchen!
Coconut Chicken Tenders
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into tender size pieces
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs of choice
1/2 cup shredded coconut (I use sweetened)
1 TBS choice seasoning ( I use Ms Dash products)
1) In small bowl beat egg with a little bit of water
2) Pour flour in another small bowl
3) In a medium bowl mix bread crumbs, shredded coconut, and seasoning of choice
4) Take chicken tenders and individually coat with flour, dip into egg mixture, and then coat with coconut mixture
5) Place coated tenders on a baking rack over a cookie sheet (if you don't have a baking rack it is okay just make sure to flip the chicken half way through cooking to make sure they cook even)
6) Cook in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken
Extra: If you want a fancy sweet dipping sauce I usually just take a little bit of orange marmalade and mix it with my favorite BBQ sauce and pop it in the microwave for about 15 seconds. The sweet compliments the coconut amazingly.