Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Peanut Butter Protein Bites

It is no secret that I have a sweet tooth so I set out in search of a sweet treat that I didn't have to feel too guilty about.  I had seen this recipe before and decided that it was the perfect time to try them out.  The description said they tasted just like a no bake cookie which were my favorites growing up so I figured I would give it a shot.  Well they are AMAZING!  They really do taste like a cookie and they are super easy to put together.  Because of the ingredients they are a little over 100 calories a piece so they aren't completely guilt free and do require some willpower.  I always end up snacking on a few hundred calories of sweets anyway so I decided that I would much rather be taking in those calories with real ingredients rather than my coworkers boxed brownies!  They are also perfect after a workout before dinner which is a horrible snacking time for me since I am always starving while I cook.  I adapted the recipe from this website to fit our own tastes and I feel like anyone could throw in whatever extras they happen to have on hand. 

Peanut Butter Protein Bites
 


Ingredients
1 cup dry oatmeal
2/3 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup dried cranberries chopped
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1 tsp vanilla

Directions
1) Mix all ingredients in medium bowl
2) Roll into individual balls (I was able to make about 20) and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to harden
4) Store in sealed baggies or container
5) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment