Friday, April 19, 2013

My breakfast is green!

Can we please get a little break?  This winter has been dragging, now I know I live in a Northern state but this is a little sad.  The snow left us a few weeks ago but the frigid temps (below 40) stayed.  Then finally this week we reach the upper 50's and what happens RAIN every single day.  I am not sure I can run on a treadmill any longer.  All winter I stuck with it for my Disney training but now I am just done.  This week I sucked it up and was able to get in about 10 miles total but at this point I am waaaay over this view


Today is calling for more rain so I am going to try to get in a few miles and a good lift, and then tomorrow rain or shine the BF, a few friends, and I are running a local 5K which supports the One Boston charity.  It will be nice to run for a good cause and hopefully the rain will hold out and it will miraculously be a beautiful day! 

Thankfully however this week I have been able to do super well on the nutrition front.  I have been trying to cut back on my sugar intake and really keep most of my meals as "clean" as possible.  I have been using MyFitnessPal app for the last few weeks pretty consistently which made me realize a few things in my diet that I needed to change.  The first was that I was consuming far too much sugar which I have been able to curve this week, the second was that my calcium was low which I helped with some vitamins I already owned, and last night I realized that my potassium is really low.  Even with all of the bananas, leafy greens, and legumes I eat I still only seem to get about a third or less of my daily recommended intake.  Did some research and apparently potassium is pretty hard to get in the adequate levels and it can lead to fatigue and lack of endurance which are both things I struggle with.  This week I am hoping to scope out some supplements but in the mean time I figured I could at least add some spinach to my morning smoothie.  Not so sure about the green color however it tasted exactly as it usually does and doesn't add many calories so it looks like it will be my new go to morning shake! (PS don't mind my unmanicured thumb tonight is manicure night thank goodness)

So what is on schedule this weekend?  Basically throwing away all of my hard work (kidding.. kinda)  two of my best girlfriends had birthdays this week and this weekend are there awesome parties.  Tonight we are heading to a cowboy bar (not my choice trust me) and then tomorrow a dance club.  Both are preceeded with BBQ's which will be awesome but we all know my willpower is basically zero in social situations so I am hoping I can keep on track.  Can't wait to celebrate with these girls and then get back on it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment