Monday, April 1, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Breakfast is a must in my life, if I don't eat within an hour of waking up I am guaranteed to be hungry/cranky the whole day. I get to work at 6:30am so breakfast is usually something easy to pack and transport AKA yogurt, fruit, dry cereal, smoothies, hard boiled eggs etc. However on the weekends I love to make a little something more! Friday I decided to make homemade apple cinnamon oatmeal. Now don't get me wrong I love the stuff that comes out of a packet but this is so easy there is almost no excuse not to make it from scratch.

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Ingredients
1/2 apple of choice
1/2 cup dry oats
1 dash cinnamon
1 dash apple pie spice
1 pinch sugar
Milk of choice

Directions
1) Peel and chop 1/2 of an apple into bite size pieces, mix with seasonings and sugar and set aside
2) Make oatmeal according to package directions (I usually use old fashioned oats which still only have a 5 minute cooking time)
3) Place oatmeal into apple mixture and top with milk
4) Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment