Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Wine Tasting Weekend

My crazy busy weekends have already begun and they won't slow down until New Years!!  I am so lucky though to have some pretty awesome friends and experiences.  This weekend I was able to meet up with 5 of my girlfriends to do some wine tasting in northern Michigan.  We rented a little house on a lake and spent the entire day Saturday tasting wines from 6 different wineries.  I was pretty proud of myself for only buying 2 bottles but I have a whole list that I fell in love with and will try to find at home. The weather was basically a monsoon with about an inch of rain and only about 50 degrees which means we didn't get very many cute pictures of the scenery, but I can tell you northern Michigan in the fall is one of the most beautiful places!



Best quote of the whole trip from my wonderful roomie (mind you we were a few wineries in at this point) "Why are the grape trees so small"... "Because they are vines dork"



No comments:

Post a Comment