Monday, December 17, 2012

Being a 20 Something Girl

I am pretty sure I am not alone when looking at FB, Instagram, Pinterest, and anything else in realizing that as a 20 something girl it is wedding and baby time!  It all started about age 21 and now at 25 it is in full gear.





First there are the weddings.  In two weeks the two beautiful ladies on the left will be getting married and I will be there for the whole thing!  And in March I will also be able to stand next to a friend and watch her commit her life to one of the best men I have ever met!





Then come the babies!  In February both of these lovely bumbs will be bringing new babies into the world!



And this weekend I got to hold a baby who just came into this world and into my amazing group of girlfriends last week!



Mind you this is all on top of the weddings and babies who have already occurred!  I am so happy for each of my friends and love being able to be a part of and watch every piece of their life as it changes and grows, but it does make me think about where I am in mine.

To be honest every once and a while I begin to think that I am falling behind.  If you would have asked me 5 years ago where I would be now I would have told you I would be in the wife/mommy club too but sometimes things don't work out the way you pictured..... and I've realized that for me it’s for the better!

Do I hope to get engaged... YES!  The BF has made my life amazing and I hope that we will be able to be us forever, however right now I don't need it.  Right now I still love growing with him, and in another year or so we will know where and what we are meant to be.  Do I want to get married.... YES!  But I also want a $3000 dress and the Louboutin's to match so for now I will spend my time saving and dreaming, and waiting for the moment when it will be perfect.  Do I want kids.... YES!  I actually want 4, but this weekend made me realize that I am just not ready.  For now I am selfish, I love my happy hours, late nights (not full of diaper changes), vacations, bi-weekly manicures, and tight tummy a little too much to give it all up just yet. 

As we all grow up we take different paths, as long as my friends are happy then they are on the right path, and since I am happy, I know that I am too!


No comments:

Post a Comment