Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Let the training begin!

Yesterday marked the official 12 week mark for the Disney Princess Half-Marathon, which means that it is also the start of my training.  For my first half I didn't stick to my training program often and I definitely paid for it in the end.  The first time my goal was to finish and this time my goal is to be able to run the entire thing, pace and time is not going to be a factor for me this time around.   Disney recommended using a training plan from Hal Higdon, he has a variety of training plans and you can view all of them here Halhigdon.com

Since I can comfortable run for about 3-4 miles and have completed a few long distance races I decided to go with the Novice 2 program which is below



I also plan on keeping up some yoga and weight training in order to help the rest of my body stay toned and stretched but basically this will be my life for the next 12 weeks.  I will be tracking and keeping accountability with my training through this blog, which is something I didn't start until the end of my program the last time around.   It will be interesting to see the progression and how I do!  Overall I am really excited and ready to begin (about 4 weeks in I am sure my tone will be different lol)

Oh and on a random note I had to interview today for a promotion in the position I am currently sitting on.  The interview went well since I am already doing the promoted position but it was still fun to get all dressed up for something.  Normally I am business casual to casual so it was fun to bust out the suit!


No comments:

Post a Comment