Monday, November 12, 2012

Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

Today was cold and rainy and put me in the mood to bake.  Oatmeal has been a new staple in my diet for the last few weeks and I have been craving oatmeal cookies.  I have also learned that I am much more of a craisin fan then a raisin fan so I decided to adapt one of my favorite oatmeal cookie recipes into a cranberry oatmeal cookie.  These made the whole house smell like fall and taste like it too!

Adapted from SmittenKitchen



Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup craisins

1) Cream together butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla
2) Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in separate bowl then mix into butter mixture
3) Mix in oats and craisins
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, place on cooling rack about 5 minutes after removing from oven
5) Enjoy!

Extras
- I usually make pretty big cookies so this recipe only gave me about 16 cookies if you want more I would either double or make smaller cookies
-The original recipe stated that refrigerating the dough before baking would make them chewier... I am not a patient person so I never do this step but you could try and let me know if it makes a difference LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment