Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Oatmeal Smoothie

I of course found this recipe on Pinterest and tried it for the first time this morning.  The oatmeal threw me off a little and I ended up eating it with a spoon since it seemed a little more natural than drinking it.  But it kept me really full.  This does make a double batch, which I didn't realize at first, but drinking the whole thing was actually too much food for me in the morning.  For half it is about 200 calories, 12 grams of protein, and 5 grams of fiber, perfect for morning meals!!


Ingredients
1 cup of ice
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 small banana
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup dry oatmeal
1 cup skim milk
Sweetener of choice (I use splenda)

Directions
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.  Enjoy!


If you like this recipe check out my new recipe for Chocolate Oatmeal Smoothine

No comments:

Post a Comment