Monday, November 5, 2012

1 Year

Sorry friends but this will be one of those lovey dovey posts that will make some people gag.  However, it is totally worth it since this weekend marked my 1 year anniversary with BF.  I still can't believe how lucky I am to have him in my life. 


This pic was taken on our first real dinner date.  Funny enough we ended up having "our date" with 12 of my friends at a happy hour and one of them decided to snap this pic.  What's crazy to me is that I have been this happy ever since.  Since this pic we have been on a whirlwind of a year, we have fit more adventures, vacations, dates, and firsts into one year than most people are lucky enough to have in 5.  Each moment has been better than the last, and each one somehow made us happier and stronger then we were before.

 In my life I have seen both my relationships and those of the people closest to me fall apart for so many various reasons, many of them painful.  This set me up to believe that chasing a fairytale was foolish and that to be truly happy with someone you would have to compromise some of the things you wanted or needed.

This man proved it all wrong. He proved to me I was worthy of an unimaginable love, proved to me that I can make someone happy for being me, and proved to me that the fairytale does exist.  Every day I fall in love with him a little deeper and in a new way.  I can't see what the next weeks, months, and (fingers crossed) years hold for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment