Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chocolate Oatmeal Smoothie

So I have been loving my oatmeal smoothies in the morning and have been sticking to the original recipe I posted awhile back here.  I decided though that I would need to make a few more recipes in order to keep my morning smoothie habit stick.  The other day I ran out of greek yogurt and came up with this new recipe which I love. 

Don't let protein powder scare you.... I usually buy whey protein powder in chocolate (trust me chocolate is the way to go).  There are a lot of options on the market so look for one with few additives and low sugar, some of them are packed with a ton of stuff that you don't really need.  This shake clocks in at about 275 calories and 21 grams of protein. 

Chocolate Oatmeal Smoothie
 
Ingredients
-1/4 cup dry oatmeal
-1/4 cup frozen raspberries (or strawberries)
-1/2 banana
-1/2 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
-1 cup skim milk
-Ice

Directions
1) Blend all ingredients in mixer
2) Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment