Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Back to School


Last night I started my Capstone Course for my Masters program!  I can't believe I am getting so close.  I have been taking classes one at a time and this is the last core class that I have to take, my next three are all electives to choose a specialization.  My workplace is awesome enough to pay for us to continue our education so it was a no brainer to go on and get my masters but it has still been a lot of work, especially when everyone around you isn't going to school.  This class will for sure be the most work intensive but he teacher is extremely knowledgeable and I am excited to learn from him. 

Class is on Tuesday so I work from 6:30-4 then go straight to class from 5-9.  This means that I have to pack a dinner otherwise I would want to eat my pen.  I laughed to myself when I realized that I basically pack the exact same things that I did when I was a kid, just slightly more adult.  Peanut butter and Jelly was my staple growing up and not much has changed.  Last night instead of a PB&J, chips, and a juice box I had a PB&Banana on slimwich, ranch rice cakes, and green goodness juice.  And yes the juice looks chunky but that is because I add a TBS of ground flaxseed to it to make it even better for me!


On the running front I was able to get in 3 miles yesterday.  I struggled through mile 3 so instead of running I did sprint intervals to cover the distance.  I am thankful today is a rest day I can tell my body really needs it.  I plan on getting in a long walk and a good session with my new lover the foam roller.

No comments:

Post a Comment