Monday, January 7, 2013

Healthy Chicken French Onion Pasta

Diet friendly pasta.....Yup I have found what is probably my new favorite pasta dish to make!!!  I adapted this from a recipe that I found on Pinterest a while back and I couldn't believe how easy and tasty it was.  I was even more amazed that when I plugged the recipe into my calorie counter it came in at around 250 calories, 3 grams of fat, 5 grams of fiber, and a whopping 24 grams of protein for a huge serving.  The BF even made the comment that it tasted like something that should be horrible for you, which means that you will feel satisfied without all of the guilt!  This dish is perfectly hearty for the winter months and the french onion flavor makes the whole house smell amazing.

Healthy Chicken French Onion Pasta

Adapted from Stephanie Cooks

Ingredients
-1 Box whole wheat pasta of choice, rotini and penne are both great
-1 Medium shallot diced
-1 TBS minced garlic
-1 TBS olive oil
-2 Cups chicken broth
-1 Packet Lipton's French Onion soup mix
-4 TBS milk (I used 1/2%)
-2 TBS flour
-2 Cups cooked diced/shredded chicken breast
-1 container white mushrooms chopped
-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
1) Cook pasta according to box directions, drain, set aside
2) In medium saucepan cook shallot and garlic in olive oil about 3 minutes until tender
3) Add chicken broth and soup mix, cook on low for 10 minutes
4) Add milk and flour and whisk well, turn heat to high and cook for another 5 minutes or until sauce thickens
5) Combine pasta, sauce, chicken pieces, and mushrooms and pour into 13x9 baking dish
6) Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 for 10 minutes
7) Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment