Thursday, January 17, 2013

2+2=4

Not sure if it counts but I got in my 4 miles yesterday.  I planned on doing the full thing on my lunch hour but was called half way through by my boss telling me I had an urgent meeting.  Yup nothing like walking into a meeting a sweaty mess!  So I only got in about 2.5 miles and decided that I would have to finish the rest at home.

Trying to stay motivated to run when it’s only 30 some odd degrees outside is really difficult, but I did it.  I am pretty sure Under Armour deserves a shout out from any winter runner because their cold gear is seriously a life saver.  I am sure there are plenty of other brands out there with products that are just as good but I love my UA and that it keeps me warm through rough winter runs!  I also love that everything comes in cute colors lol

Knowing that I had a busy day today meant that for the first time in my life I woke up to work out before work.... if that isn't dedication I don't know what is!  I start work at 6:30 so I had to be at my work gym by 5:15 in order to get in my full run, some upper body lifting, and a shower.  That means my alarm had to be set for 4:55, pretty sure the only time I have set my alarm that early was to catch a flight.  Surprisingly I was able to get up and out the door only a few minutes later then I wanted.  I got in about 2.5 miles and was able to do a full body lift all before I had to be at my desk.  This WILL NOT be my new routine but I am happy that I now know I have this option on days when I am super busy.



Tonight will be happy hour with my girls and then dinner at a traditional German restaurant which will be interesting.  Tomorrow is my day off and I am pumped to sleep in and have a full day to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment