Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What's for lunch?

I think one of the keys to keeping your diet on track is to make your own meals as often as possible.  I love to go out with my friends or the BF for a few dinners throughout the week so I make sure to make my own breakfast and lunch as often as I can.  Work for me starts at 6:30 which means that I have become really good at being able to pack breakfast and lunch the night before so I can quickly grab it in the morning.  Being "too busy" really isn't an excuse, packing my breakfast and lunch usually takes me about 5 minutes each night, the key is having your fridge and cupboards stocked with healthy and tasty foods.

Here is a look as my usual lunches:

< Chicken tortilla soup, light string cheese, carrots


> Canned noodle soup, half chicken breast with BBQ, mixed greens




<Tuna and egg salad over mixed greens on a slimwich, carrots, roasted red pepper hummus

> Quinoa, craisins, spinach, feta cheese with some juice on the side





<Chicken Tortilla soup, with a side salad of
mixed greens, peas, and yogurt dressing

>Grilled chicken, brussel sprouts, and brown rice with soy sauce, with an applesauce cup
Breakfast for me is usually an Oatmeal Smoothie, yogurt, dry cereal, fruit, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, or anything else that sounds good and is easy to pack.  I try to keep my breakfast and lunches under 300 calories, high in protein, and high in fiber.  I also add about a tablespoon of ground flax seed to one of my meals.  Its an easy way to boost my fiber intake and is easily mixed into applecause, smoothies, or juices!


I had to post this because I thought it was funny.. my lunch for today is Chicken Tortilla soup, hot tea, and a day quil.  I have of course caught one of the many colds going around and thanks to an insane work/school schedule I had to come in so this is what is getting me through the day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment